Members of the Memorial Forest Club in good standing (all dues any applicable late fees are paid in full) and owning a house within the Club’s boundaries may sell their membership to the purchaser of their home for a negotiated price or sell the membership back to the Memorial Forest Club. Members who live out of the boundaries (the boundaries in the bylaws prior to January 22, 2017) may not transfer their memberships with the sale of their homes. These members may sell their memberships back to the Memorial Forest Club.
Contractors purchasing homes of full members in good standing are not eligible to have memberships transferred to them individually or to their company.
To insure the membership is correctly transferred the following procedure should be followed:
- The member, or purchaser should check with the Membership Director that the membership is eligible to be transferred.
- Seller must notify the Membership Director that the membership will be transferred with the sale of the house. Download and carefully review MFC membership Transfer documents. Notification should include:
- Date of the closing (date transfer usually takes place)
- Name and address of the membership being transferred
- Name, address, and phone number of the purchaser
- Name and phone number of realtor
- Membership certificate. If membership certificate is lost, please click here: Indemnity for Lost Certificate
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to forward the non-refundable administrative fee to the Membership Director. Currently the fee is $487.13 ($450.00 plus 8.25% tax). Memorial Forest Club Membership Director can be reached at (713) 557-6668 and email, email@example.com.
A membership transfer with the sale of the house cannot be considered final until the administrative fee is received. After receipt of the administrative fee, the Membership Director will forward a membership certificate, telephone directory, and other club information to purchaser.