Members of the Memorial Forest Club in good standing (all dues any applicable late fees are paid in full) and owning a house within the Club’s boundaries may sell their membership to the purchaser of their home for a negotiated price or sell the membership back to the Memorial Forest Club. Members who live out of the boundaries (the boundaries in the bylaws prior to January 22, 2017) may not transfer their memberships with the sale of their homes. These members may sell their memberships back to the Memorial Forest Club.
Contractors purchasing homes of full members in good standing are not eligible to have memberships transferred to them individually or to their company.
To ensure the membership is correctly transferred the following procedure should be followed:
- The member or purchaser should check with the Membership Director that the membership is eligible to be transferred.
- The seller must notify the Membership Director that the membership will be transferred with the sale of the house. Download and carefully review MFC membership Transfer documents. Notification should include:
- Date of the closing (date transfer usually takes place)
- Name and address of the membership being transferred
- Name, address, and phone number of the purchaser
- Name and phone number of realtor
- Membership certificate. If membership certificate is lost, please click here: Indemnity for Lost Certificate
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to contact the Membership Director to initiate their side of the transfer to electronically pay the non-refundable administrative fee. Currently the fee is $487.13 ($450.00 plus 8.25% tax) plus a capital improvements fee of $250. Memorial Forest Club Membership Director can be reached at (713) 557-6668 and email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A membership transfer with the sale of the house cannot be considered final until all fees are received. After receipt of the administrative fee, the Membership Director will forward a membership certificate, telephone directory, and other club information to the purchaser.
PLEASE NOTE: “Out of area” members may not transfer the membership with the sale of their house. These memberships may only be sold back to the Memorial Forest Club. Members who live out of the boundaries (boundaries in the bylaws prior to January 22, 2017) may not transfer their memberships with the sale of their homes. These members may sell their memberships back to the Memorial Forest Club.